Sunday, August 9, 2015

What time is it?? GAME TIME!!

Information and updates on the tournament are available on this website: http://fibaamericas.com/can2015/en/


Live games should be available at: http://www.livebasketball.tv/

I've heard the games may be available on Direct TV Sports, but that's all the details I know for TV!

Game 1 Aug 9th: vs. Dominican Republic 1pm (all times are Mountain Standard Time)
Game 2 Aug 10th: vs. Canada 6:30pm
Game 3 Aug 12th: vs. Cuba 1pm
Game 4 Aug 13th: vs. Puerto Rico 3:15pm

Saturday Aug 15th: Semi-final games and 5th place game (TBD)
Sunday Aug 16th: Gold medal and Bronze medal games (TBD)


The official ball of the tournament. The size of the international ball we play with is 28.5 inches in circumference, while the ball I used in high school & college was a 27.5 inch ball. 
I wrote Zechariah 4:6 on my game shoes, "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty." From the  beginning, this opportunity has been led by God. I'm relying on Him to accomplish His purposes and do only what He can do!

My pump up song: "Til the Day I Die" (yes, TobyMac again!) 
I can't stop, no I can't quit
It's in my heart, yeah I'm all in
I'll lay it all on the line, Til the day I die
It's Your name I'll glorify



A Reminder of Why I'm Here: Article in La Tercera (Open in Google and a translation option should pop-up). Thank you Diego for the article and interview!
Article in La Tercera about playing to make history for Chile

Final Prep This Week

In the last week of training, we stayed at Red Deer College an hour south of Edmonton. We scrimmaged Argentina and barely lost by 3 points. Even though it was hard to lose against our rival in scrimmage, Argentina has beaten teams in our pool that we need to beat. We are where we need to be. Not to mention, we'd love to get another shot at them them in a semi-final or final game!

We scrimmaged our hosts at Red Deer College
What the team looks like when we get wifi access lol
View of Toronto, our second connecting city, on our way to Edmonton
There was some confusion having to go through immigration and customs in both the US and Canada on our way here, and a group was left behind with everyone's bags between immigration and customs

No comments:

Post a Comment