Friday, July 24, 2015

Until Next Time Chile!

Hasta Luego Chile!

Time here has flown, I can't believe it's already time to head to Brazil and Canada! Though I'm so excited for the next few weeks (and to be in Brazil for the first time in my life), I am going to miss Chile, and I don't know when I'll be back. I'm going to miss being with friends and family I don't see often (and being taken out to eat at fantastic restaurants haha!). I'm going to miss our fans and the awesome support! I'm going to miss empanadas and raspberry juice!! I will carry the memories and people of this place in my heart as we go represent in Canada.

At many red lights young people attempt to entertain traffic in various ways,
hoping to make some $. Some are pretty talented!

A young couple dressed up and danced "La Cueca," the traditional
dance of Chile, outside the training center
The Olympic pool and stadium at the training center

They take pregnant parking/seating/lines here seriously! This is parking at a mall.
No, I'm not giving any hints, it just stands out as something different from the US :)
And though it might look the the English word for "embarrassed," embarazada is the Spanish word for pregnant.

Team Changes Heading to Canada

We have a couple changes in the 12 players that are heading to Canada from the 12 we had in Miami: Isabel and Nisse won't be able to go, so Jenifer Fuentes Carrasco and Thiare Garcia Gutierrez are coming. Jenifer is 19, has been on the national team for 5 years, and plays forward. Thiare is 15 years old, has been on the national team for a couple years, and plays point guard.

#11 Jenifer Fuentes Carrasco, Forward
#4 Thiare Garcia Gutierrez, Point Guard


Video and Pictures From Our 4th Game in Valparaiso 


Highlights from the game in Valparaiso


Team in Valparaiso. We weren't told the photo was being taken, so this pic is a little candid!




No comments:

Post a Comment